What Project/Session do you want to see at DCWEEK this year?

BUILDing High School Tech Biz Entrepreneurs

BUILD, a nonprofit/after school program that helps high school students plan, pitch, fund, and grow businesses while in high school, wants to diversify the type of businesses BUILD students start.

With the mobile tech/social media adoption and usage rates in the communities from which BUILD students come, simple tech or tech inspired businesses may be a logical area for BUILD students to explore. The DCWeek event would be an interactive discussion/info session/demo session with the focus on showing BUILD students how they can take the skills acquired through mobile tech/social media use and turn that into a businesses.

Goal will be for students to leave the event with a list of ideas that can be turned into business plans. BUILD students would attend the session along with members of the DC Tech community.

If successful, student business plans may be presented during Social Media Week DC in February 2013.

The event will be facilitated by IMPACT: www.IMPACT-DC.Com

Info on BUILD Metro DC can be found here: http://www.build.org/dc

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brandon ABrandon A shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ross BlankenshipRoss Blankenship commented  · 

BUILD is ... and absolutely amazing organization. I highly recommend folks support BUILD. We've been happy to be part of their group, helping budding entrepreneurs make a difference in their schools... and their own lives. Rally for BUILD. Doing great things with awesome students.

Feedback and Knowledge Base